The Skilled – Work Regional (Provisional) visa (491 visa) is a five-year provisional work visa for skilled workers who meet the required points on the Skilled Migration Points Test. Applicants for this skilled visa are required to obtain nomination by a State or Territory government OR be sponsored by a settled eligible relative residing in a designated area in Australia. Applications for this visa are by invitation only.
Applicants for this Australian skilled visa are required to have qualifications in skilled occupations which are in shortage in Australia. Once granted, the visa holder must reside and work in a designed regional area of Australia
Am I eligible for a Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa?
- I am under the age of 45 years of age
- I have/will submit an Expression of Interest (EOI)
- I have/will obtain nomination by a State/Territory government of Australia OR I will be sponsored by my relative
- I have qualifications in a skilled occupation
- I have a positive skills assessment for my nominated skilled occupation OR am eligible to apply for a skills assessment
- I meet threshold English requirements
- I am able to score at least 60 points on the Skilled Migration Points Test
- I meet the health and character requirements
What does this visa allow me to do?
- Reside in Australia indefinitely with my family who were included in the application
- Travel in and out of Australia for the five years from the date the visa is granted. Thereafter I would need to apply for a Resident Return Visa
- Enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
- Apply for Australian citizenship (once I am eligible) by completing the residence requirements in Australia